Circle Track

Hobby stock ride height

Item Posts    Sort Order

Hobby stock ride height

tdyltc46 tdyltc46
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 5 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 04/01/08
06:01 PM

I am setting up my hobby stock for the upcoming year and have a question regarding ride height. Unlike modifieds and other chassie builder built cars, hobby stock chassies come out of junk yards and back yards. Without chassie builder recommended ride heights, how do you determine the proper ride height for a hobby stock car  
Hobby Stock #45j

04humps 04humps
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/08
Posted: 04/02/08
06:51 AM

what kind of car are you setting up I'm in the middle of doing ride height on my 86 monte and i'm having troulbe with the left a arm hitting the fram with 4 inch ride hieght  

tdyltc46 tdyltc46
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 5 | Joined: 03/08
Posted: 04/02/08
11:07 AM

Thanks for the reply 04humps, they seem to be few and far between. I am setting up a 79 Firebird (Camaro) hobby stock. I have stock lower A arms and aftermarket tubular uppers. I am running aftermarket Landrum leaf springs in the rear. Of course you are running a metric car but my original questions applies in your case as well. Without chassis builders recommendations, how do we know what the proper ride height is?  
Hobby Stock #45j

race-x race-x
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 3 | Joined: 02/08
Posted: 06/03/08
11:12 AM

With a stock frame you need to keep the lower control arms level so thats what determines your ride height. If you lower too much, the control arm will hit the frame before you get full suspension travel(about 3")  

RexaFORD RexaFORD
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 1 | Joined: 07/08
Posted: 07/02/08
11:00 AM

I agree with race-x.  Start setting your ride height so the lower control arms are level.  Then use this as a starting point for the rear.

It's not unusual to see guys raising each corner a 1/4" to 1/2" as they go around the car.  For example LF = 7", RF = 7 1/4", LR = 7 1/2", RR = 7 3/4".

I've also seen guys use reverse rake, where they lean the car to right instead of the left like above.  

frediler frediler
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 7 | Joined: 05/14
Posted: 05/08/14
07:21 PM

Icon Quotetdyltc46:
I am setting up my hobby stock for the upcoming year and have a question regarding ride height. Unlike modifieds and other chassie builder built cars, hobby stock chassies come out of junk yards and back yards. Without chassie builder recommended ride heights, how do you determine the proper ride height for a hobby stock car

Read more: http://forums.circletrack.com/default.aspx?navsection=Community&ForumPostId=6666204&PageName=PostReply&ForumGroupId=5606&TemplateUrl=%2fuser%2f02%2fReply%2f%5bForumPostId%5d%2f&IsNewCarYear=False&PageIntValue=02&VehicleYear=&SiteSection=user&VehicleModel=&VehicleClassGroupSet=&ForumThreadSubject=Hobby+stock+ride+height&ForumName=Dirt+Racing&ForumGroupName=General+Tech&ContentFilters=ForumPostId%7c&VehicleBodyStyleGroupText=Chassis&VehicleMake=&ForumId=5608&ForumThreadId=6266304#ixzz31BI0HlFY  

frediler frediler
07:23 PM

Icon Quotetdyltc46:

I am setting up my 76 camaro hobby stock dirt car for the upcoming year and have a question regarding ride height. Unlike modifieds and other chassie builder built cars, hobby stock chassies come out of junk yards and back yards. Without chassie builder recommended ride heights, how do you determine the proper ride height for a hobby stock car  

frediler frediler
07:34 PM

I am setting up my 76 camaro hobby stock dirt car for the upcoming year and have a question regarding ride height. Unlike modifieds and other chassie builder built cars, hobby stock chassies come out of junk yards and back yards. Without chassie builder recommended ride heights, how do you determine the proper ride height for a hobby stock car  

frediler frediler
07:39 PM

frediler frediler
07:40 PM

frediler frediler
07:41 PM

frediler frediler
07:42 PM

Icon Quotetdyltc46: