Circle Track

VP Racing fuel story

Item Posts    Sort Order

VP Racing fuel story

Frank Hottes Frank Hottes
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 1 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/27/13
09:11 PM

The last race of last season a local racer called me regarding his A and B mod dirt cars. He said he just couldn't beat this one car who always dominated both classes.

I told him to increase the jet size on his B mod two sizes and ask how his A mod was jeted. He said it was rich so I told him to leave it alone.

The next night, Friday, I gave him 20 gallons of U4.4 for the B mod. I didn't have any CHP in stock as it was to new, so I used the U4.4.

I won't tell you what I gave him to use in the A mod, but gave him five gallons and told him to add it to his fuel tank.

In the B mod race, he smoked the fellow who usually was a lap ahead of everyone else, and in the A mod race he beat the previous winner also.

Can any of you tell me what the previous winner had been using in his B mod to win all the races?

Frank Hottes
VP Warehouse in Mt. Home, Arkansas  

rawracer rawracer
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/29/13
09:04 AM

Nitro  
Save the weed save the world

tuffnuff tuffnuff
Moderator | Posts: 33 | Joined: 06/10
Posted: 02/06/14
11:09 PM

I'm guessing that a dash of Nitromethane might be in use here.,.  It's a little like gasoline that's been premixed with nitrous oxide.,. this fuel comes with it's own oxygen supply of atoms, to help it burn.

Smile  
When The Flag Drops.,.

tuffnuff

The Bull ***t Stops.,.
tuffnuff

P. Engineer, Engine Builder