Circle Track

needin a lil help startin out.

Item Posts    Sort Order

needin a lil help startin out.

modified_1209 modified_1209
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 1 | Joined: 08/13
Posted: 08/21/13
05:50 AM

im 20 years old and I've been around circle dirt track racing all my life, finally got enought time and money to start racing, i just bought a modified from. im posting this for some help on what tranny and rear end i should run. I'd really apriciate the help.  

Jimmydoc1 Jimmydoc1
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 4 | Joined: 09/13
Posted: 09/18/13
06:24 PM

Hey, I hope you're not disappointed with my answer bbecause you may feel that I'm not much help, but at least I'm answering you.  I noticed no one else has done that yet.

My advice for you would be to see what everyone else is doing at your track and ask questions.  Many tracks have different rules about what you can and can't run.  Also, when you ask questions about tranny's and rear ends you are talking gear ratios.  Gear ratios affect what RPM your motor will be turning.  The bottom line is that there are too many variables such as track size and banking, what RPM range your engine is set up to run, do you want manual or automatic, if you run a powerglide do you have to have a functional convertor...

Again, my best advice: Talk to the guys running in the class you want to run and see what works for them. You may find that you can help each other.

Doc