Need Help!

Item Posts    Sort Order

Need Help!

MarkV MarkV
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 1 | Joined: 03/13
Posted: 03/29/13
07:04 AM

Hello, Everyone!

I've been subscribing to Circle Track for many, many years, and have loved every issue I've received.  I raced karts on dirt for some time years ago, and put a lot of the information I found in the articles to good use.  I also have a patented crankshaft design that I developed after digesting a lot of what the Late Great Smokey Yunick wrote.  I even visited him at his famous garage to discuss my idea with him, and he gave me the grand tour of his facility.  It is indeed a memory I'll never forget!

Anyway, I was a huge fan of his "Smokey's Track Tech" column.  I was also a fan of the great little cartoons that accompanied the various topics he discussed.  After a recent relocation to another state, my wife 'convinced' me to get rid of all my old car magazines that I had been saving.  Well, just when you throw something out, you suddenly realize you really need what you now no longer have!  One of the questions that was sent in to Smokey was around flathead kart engines, and if I remember correctly, Smokey explained that most of the concepts that applied to those single-cylinder engines also applied to those powering cars.  However, the thing I'm after is the illustration/cartoon that accompanied the discussion!  It depicted a guy hunkered down in a kart, flying along in front of a full-size car.  It was a small cartoon, but it stuck in my head!  Now that I've relocated, I'm getting back into karting, and would love to incorporate that sketch onto my kart trailer.  I tried to search this site, but didn't turn up anything.  So, can anyone provide me that illustration?  I can't remember the issue it appeared in, but it was back before the magazine went to a new layout.  A good scan of that image would be most appreciated, and yet another memory of Smokey will be preserved on the side of my trailer for all to see.

Thanks in advance to all who can help!

Mark V.