Circle Track

What is the best Ford Frame/Car for asphalt circle track?

Item Posts    Sort Order

What is the best Ford Frame/Car for asphalt circle track?

cowboy.2010 cowboy.2010
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/13/12
04:35 PM

Hey Guys I am going to build me a ford circle track car and I was wondering what your guys opinions where on what is the best Ford car to start with far as frame and stuff goes. I have a 1965 galaxie but did not no if it would be worth starting with? Or if I need to look for somthing else No one races fords where I race. I currently race a 1980 malibu but I am a die hard ford guy and I am wanting to build a ford. It is a high banked 3/8 oval track And I will be running it in the hobby stock class with a v8. Please let me no what your guys opinions are. Thanks  

pepsi1 pepsi1
I’ve been to a few races | Posts: 72 | Joined: 09/11
Posted: 06/14/12
06:01 PM

Any Ford Chassis with a 4 link in the rear. I don't remember if they went to a 4 link in 1965.

If they did your on your way. I ran Fords up to 1964 that was a leaf spring. Then picked it back up in 1968 and that was a 4 link. Box the trailing arms in. What I did back in the day I X'd the trailing arm in the center to stop them from flexing. Then welded them closed. They were strong.

Just remember to tack them in. If you have a furnace you can weld them all at one time... I don't know if you can convert the leaf spring chassis to a 4 link set-up. JUST a LITTLE FYI: If your in the field and come across a big Ford Chassis. They rotted just in front of the rear wheels. So a ball peen hammer is just the tool to check them for rot.  

cowboy.2010 cowboy.2010
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 2 | Joined: 06/12
Posted: 06/16/12
02:14 PM

Yea I will have to do more research. I just wish there where more ford racers around to help give ideas so there wont be as much trial and error lol I cant decide on what engine I will try to run either I wanna try a 351 cleveland with 4v closed chamberd heads with a 2 barrel adapter plate but I dont no if the 351 cleveland would be able to perform like it should with a 2 barrel adapter plate. And I dont no if there is enough straight away for it to wind up and breath like it is ment to do with the massive ports on a 3/8 track. I might be better off with a windsor. I no a guy that used to run a falcon years ago but I cant remeber what all he had done to it. I have had a couple people tell me to go with a crown vic or ltd  

rawracer rawracer
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 2 | Joined: 12/13
Posted: 12/29/13
08:35 AM

Granadas have racks  
Save the weed save the world