Circle Track

*METRIC STREET STOCK HELP NEEDED*

Item Posts    Sort Order

*METRIC STREET STOCK HELP NEEDED*

viperpwd viperpwd
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 4 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/27/09
08:45 AM

This is my first season racing a 1982 metric monte carlo street stock or bomber as they are referred to in CT mag.The car has coil springs on all four corners with weight jackers on all four corners too.  I run on a low bank almost
flat 1/3 mile asphalt track.  My springs are (LF 1000) (LR 175) (RF 1100) (RR 200).  I have a spare 1200 and 150 spring in the basement that came with the car.  I went across the scale and my weight numbers were (LF 1001) (LR 628) (RF 731)(RR 634). My weight percentages were as follows (LEFT 54.68) (REAR 42.02) (CROSS 45.32) (TOTAL WEIGHT 3004 with a full tank of gas).  The track requires a minimum ride height of 5" with the driver buckled in the seat, the car must weigh at least 3000 with the driver after the race, coil spring cars may have a max of 57 % left side weight, NO rear percentage weight limit.  I have a feeling after reading a recent article that i should have the 150 spring in the RR and the 200 in the LR.  The RR was extremely hot with the current setup.  The car on the exit of
the turn is out of control loose.  Would like to know your thoughts on what a good baseline setup should/could be.  Im particular interested in spring selection,what my scale weights and weight percentages should be, ride height, and if i should add any weight to the car and where it should be placed or any ideas you
might have.  Im new to this but i have a capable crew.  Tired of running in the back, Any help is extremely appreciated.  

RCJON RCJON
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 13 | Joined: 07/09
Posted: 07/28/09
01:58 PM

I'm not an asphalt racer but I'll give it a try.l/r628 r/r634 the r/r is loaded to heavy on exit causing a high slip angle and with all the front wieght it could be causing  a push in the middle jump loose off.In crease your crosswieght 2 turns out l/f ,2 turns in r/f 2 turns in l/r ,2 turns out r/r.I would try to get all the wieght off the nose as I could.  

viperpwd viperpwd
Posted: 07/30/09
12:23 PM

thanks for the reply.  It also feels as though the car has a push going into the turn. Turn 1 and 3.  Could this be related to the springs that i am running up front.  Should i go down in spring rate in the front?  If so what would be a good starting point?  (rf 900) (lf 800) Any help is appreciated.  

RCJON RCJON
Posted: 07/31/09
03:16 AM

Increasing crosswieght should help the push on entry.Toe and caster settings effect corner entry.I would try to get your wieght percentages closer  first.If you can't remove enough wieght from the nose and right side add 50lbs to the bottom door bar as far back as you can.  

viperpwd viperpwd
Posted: 07/31/09
04:29 AM

What should my weight numbers per corner look like? I know now from the scale i have (LF 1001) (LR 628) (RF 731) and (RR 634).  Between the LF and RF their is a weight difference of 270.  What are your thoughts on what this difference should be?  Between the LR and RR their is a weight difference of 6. What are your thoughts on what this difference should be? Any help is appreciated.  

RCJON RCJON
Posted: 08/01/09
05:21 AM

This the wieght on my dirt car l/f 760 r/f 648 l/r 998 r/r 807 3213 total You would want more l/s and less rear percentage 57% left 53% rear 50% cross is what I would try to start at.It will be hard for you to get these numbers with out setting the motor back or other big things.get the car as far under wieght then add lead to get your numbers.  

Beth Kevin Peterson Beth Kevin Peterson
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 1 | Joined: 06/14
Posted: 06/15/14
01:27 PM

We run a monte carlo metric but we have to be 3600 pounds so our weights and percents are different but to me it seems like you are way to high of a spring set up on the left front we run about 300 lbs difference left to right so larger spring right front and a 1.5 inch split in ride height we have more in our left rear than our right by about 30 lbs but we are running a locked rear end. I hope this helps are you running a large sway bar ?