Circle Track

76 camaro front end set up

Item Posts    Sort Order

76 camaro front end set up

bigcountryss bigcountryss
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 1 | Joined: 04/09
Posted: 04/23/09
11:04 PM

i have been building race motors for a few years and now i have took a 76 camaro as trade on one of my used motors. i plan on racing the car at a relitivly flat full 1/4 track with very long str8 aways.  i need a lil help on the front end geomatry. what should the ride heights be? ie if you mesured from the center of the lower bolt in the a arm closest to the cross member. what should the light of the lower ball joint be from that measurment or from the ground?  what should the spindal hieght be? all questions are for the left and right side. and with this type of track witch gets dry slick to dusty most every night of racing i am thinking of using 1250 right spring and 950 left spring. i have 200 and 176 lb springs in the rear.

again any basic measurments to get me close on the scales would be appreacated.
billy sims  

ugot86d ugot86d
I watched NASCAR once | Posts: 8 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 04/25/09
08:14 AM

call me i will help you out
601 813 4069 i live in central mississippi south of jackson  

countryboy69 countryboy69
I’ve been to a few races | Posts: 66 | Joined: 01/09
Posted: 04/26/09
08:18 AM

Welcome to the forum. I am an engine man trying to turn chassis man myself! One problem I see with your setup is too much front split (the difference between the front spring rates),especially for a flat track. One setup that has been working good is to put a 15# lighter spring on the right side. This will keep the car from flopping from the LF to the RR when you roll on the throttle in the turn. It has been working for me quite well and I am racing against a bunch of metrics with a wheelbase advantage.

I suggest you keep the 950 in the LF and drop in a 900 or 925 in the RF. Just checking but your 176 goes in the RR.

Go read some articles from Circle Track by clicking on  CHASSIS TECH on the top of this page. You will find all your looking for.  
"Remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous?"